For this class, we’ll spend two days learning Adobe Lightroom. During the first day, you’ll learn the basics of Adobe Lightroom, one of the most powerful and easy to use image manipulation programs on the market. You’ll also learn to photograph for a concept known as flow — that is making the picture work to guide a viewer’s eyes through the image. You’ll also learn to develop flow in your image using the tools in Adobe Lightroom. On the second day, we’ll work together on student images submitted before the workshop, and then you’ll have the chance to develop your images with my feedback.
This schedule is subject to change.
- 9-12: Introduction to cataloging, keywording and search
- 12-1: Lunch
- 1-4: Processing pictures: Color Management, Basics, Presets, What is Flow, Finding Flow, Finding Flow Blockers, Establishing Flow
- 9-12: Guided work on developing flow in your images
- 12-1: Lunch
- 1-4: Work on your own images with feedback
If there is time, we will cover: creating multi-image panoramic photos
Working knowledge of your computer’s filing and operating systems. A general knowledge of the menu system of Adobe Lightroom. If you don’t know Lightroom, take the time to learn the menu system and how to navigate the program.
This class is held in Minneapolis, MN.
The workshop will be held at:
- Aon Corp Training Room
- 5600 West 83rd Street, 8200 Tower, Bloomington, MN 55437
- The training room is on the lobby level. Walk past Parma Restaurant, past the elevators, turn left and the room will be down the hall on your left. There is free parking in the ramp attached to the building.
- From 494 in Bloomington:
- Take exit 7B for County Rd 34/Normandale Blvd
- Merge onto MN-100 S
- Use the middle 2 lanes to continue on County Rd 34
- Turn right onto W 84th St
- Turn right onto Norman Center Dr
- Turn left onto W 83rd St – Destination will be on the right
Laptop with Adobe Lightroom install, 15 to 30 images, card reader, mouse and power cord.